FDIM (the IAB Denmark) today publishes the 2007 full-year findings. Here’s the full report (in Danish with summary in English). Key findings are:
- Overall year-on-year growth rate of 39 %
- Display advertising grew astonishing 67 % from € 59 mio in 2006 to € 99 mio in 2007
- Search grew 50 % from € 48 mio to € 72 mio
- Classifieds (directories, yellowpages and auctions) grew 20 % from € 118 mio to € 142 mio
- Permission marketing grew 69 % from rather low € 8,6 mio to € 14,5 mio
“The survey encompasses: Display Advertising (including banners and sponsorships, rich media, textual and contextual advertising), Search (paid listings excepting site optimization or paid inclusion), Classifieds (eg. employment, automotive or auctionbased listings and yellow pages), Permission Marketing (email-based) and Miscelaneous. The FDIM Ad Ex study is based on advertising revenues as reported by IAB Denmark members to Deloitte. All figures are net figures not including agency commission. For non-participating companies conservative estimates have been applied.”
The results compares nicely to the UK numbers recently published by IAB UK, which displayed an overall growth rate of 38 percent, and growth of display ahead of the search-growth.